Reject Profile Comments as a 2.0 feature
I propose that we officially reject the Profile Comments feature suggestion for 2.0 as described in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-171336-page-3.html
Effects & Implications
- We settle one more feature debate for 2.0 and can move on.
- Potential small backlash from people who are of the opinion that it should be in the core.
- We are seen to be doing something productive by making tough decisions about 2.0 features and signalling that we are focusing on 2.0 being forum software.
- There’s nothing you can do with Profile Comments that you can’t either do with a Topic or Conversation in 2.0.
- It is not a core feature for forum software.
- It is more suitable as an extension for those that want it.
- We’ve already rejected similar ‘social network’ features.
Lead developer to move the thread into Rejected with explanation as to why.
- First draft: 26 Aug 2015
- Author(s): Will P
- Status: Accepted
|Voting started||Voting ended||Quorum||Yes||No||Abstain|
|30 Aug 2015||7 Sep 2015||12||13||0||1|